Cross-cultural journalism and strategic communication : storytelling and diversity /
Library: PIM Library, Location: ชั้น 12A ตึก Cp All Academy
Call Number: PN4749 .C76 2020
- Availableหนังสือภาษาอังกฤษ 32550000508453 [On Order]
- First edition published by Routledge 2016 under title: Cross-cultural journalism : communicating strategically about diversity.
"Built using the hands-on and pioneering Missouri Method, this textbook prepares readers to write about and communicate with people of different backgrounds, offering real-world examples of how to practice excellent journalism and strategic communication that takes culture into account. No matter the communication purpose, this book will help readers engage with difference and the concept of fault lines, and to identify and mitigate bias. It provides guidance on communicating the complexity inherent in issues like crime, immigration, and sports, and working with census data to craft stories or strategic campaigns. Above all, the book encourages readers to reconsider assumptions about race, class, gender, identity, sexual orientation, immigration status, religion, disability, and age, and recognize communicators' responsibilities in shaping national discussions. This new edition addresses the ever-changing political and social climate, differentiates excellent journalism from punditry, and shows the business value of understanding diverse perspectives. A fantastic introduction to this complex but important field, this book is perfect for students, teachers, and early career communicators. The combination of a hands-on approach and pull-out boxes with the diverse voices curated by editors María Len-Rios and Earnest Perry make this an ideal text for the classroom and beyond"--
- Conceptual understanding / Earnest L. Perry and María E. Len-Ríos
- Talking across difference / Keith M. Woods
- Who is American? / Saleem E. Alhabash, Carie Cunningham and Anastasia Kononova
- Making class matter : journalism and social class / Ryan J. Thomas and Marina A. Hendricks
- Gender and the media : envisioning equality / Yong Volz and María E. Len-Ríos
- Mass media and the LGBT community / Gary R. Hicks
- Missing in action : religion in mass media markets and news / Debra L. Mason
- Reporting and strategic communication across borders / Beverly Horvit and Yulia Medvedeva
- Immigrants and immigration : reporting the new America / Melita M. Garza
- Achieving excellence in crime coverage / Earnest L. Perry
- The complexity of disability / Chad Painter
- Rx for communicating about health inequalities / Amanda Hinnant and María E. Len-Ríos
- Talkin' 'bout my generation : understanding generational differences / Teri Finneman
- Telling' and erasing : diverse stories in sports media / David Welch Suggs, Jr.
- Next : where do we go from here? / María E. Len-Ríos and Earnest L. Perry.
- Publication date
First edition published by Routledge 2016 under title: Cross-cultural journalism : communicating strategically about diversity.